Metabolism is a constant process in our bodies that begins before we are born and ends when we die. It is a complicated series of chemical reactions in the body's cells that converts the fuel from the food we eat into the energy our bodies need.
The metabolic rate is the amount of energy your body burns each day.
The following tips will help to keep your metabolism revving at its maximum.
- Always eat breakfast. After you have been without food overnight your body needs more fuel to function efficiently. If you deny it, it assumes you’re in a famine and your metabolism slows down to compensate.
- Never skip meals. Your body needs regular injections of the correct types of foods at regular intervals to support your metabolism and keep it revving at top speed.
- Drink plenty of water. Your metabolism needs plenty of water to function properly.
- Do some exercise daily. We are made to have some physical activity every day. This pushes our metabolism way up. Look for more ways to be active. Park a little further away. Use the stairs instead of the lift. Remember, every step counts!
- When possible, do some exercise before breakfast. This will boost your metabolism and it will stay up for several hours.
- Do not use diet pills or commercial weightloss shakes
- Have fun with your kids or other family members and friends. The happier you are, the easier it is to lose weight.
It's great to be back with you and Kath & I will bring you all our news on Nutrition, Healthy Eating and Weight Loss